Recently, I was invited to participate with Hometalk for a Michaels Pinterest Party. Along with other bloggers from all over the country, I was asked to visit our local Michael’s store, find the Pinterest inspired end cap displays featuring Spring DIY projects, make and share my results with you. Since I’m ready for Spring, I decided to decorate some clay pots. Fresh herbs in my windowsill makes me happy.
Here’s how to make decorated clay pots to get ready for Spring.
Decorated Clay Pots – What you need:
Clay pots. I used 6″ clay pots.
Martha Stewart Crafts Gesso – white
Martha Stewart Crafts Acrylic Craft Paint – Beetle Black
Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish
Chalk marker – I used Craft Smart broad tip – white
Decorated Clay Pots – Instructions:
1. Using a dry paintbrush, lightly brush white gesso around the outside of the pot, below the rim. Brush lightly and add layers, letting each layer dry in between. If you like the distressed look (as seen here), apply a light coat of each allowing some of the clay color to come through.
2. Repeat the same technique for the rim of the pot using Beetle Black Paint.
3. Seal with Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish.
4. Using your marker, write your herb tags and attach your stickers to your pots.
On February 16th, from 1-4 pm, Michaels and Hometalk will be hosting in-store Pinterest parties, along with local bloggers at these locations. Stop by your local Michaels store and check out the Pinterest inspired displays. Be sure to buy your supplies and meet us in the classroom to create your own pin-worthy project. It’s going to be so much fun! To add a little extra fun to the event, be sure to follow Michaels on Hometalk to enter to win a $100 Michaels gift card. Five winners will be announced on Hometalk’s FB page on Feb 17, after the party.
Are you familiar with Hometalk? If not, you have to check it out! Hometalk is the largest home and garden social network on the web. It’s the go-to site for millions of homeowners and professionals who are interested in getting advice, information, ideas and inspirations about their home and garden. You can find me on Hometalk as well!
Other DIY Projects on Bright Bold and Beautiful
- Tic Tac Hack – DIY Bobby Pin Holder: I’ve always loved the cute little Tic Tac boxes, with their easy open flip tops. Once you have finished all of your fresh mints, here is an easy way to repurpose Tic Tacs.
- Avocado Beauty Mask: For an easy DIY treatment, I tried this avocado beauty mask to add tons of moisture to my face. I applied it yesterday, and can not believe how soft my skin feels today.
- How To Make a Succulent Garden Tutorial: Watch this Video and make a sweet little garden in a few simple steps.