Since I’m ready for Spring, I decided to decorate some clay pots. Fresh herbs in my windowsill makes me happy.
Here’s how to make decorated clay pots to get ready for Spring.
Decorated Clay Pots – What you need:
Clay pots. I used 6″ clay pots.
Martha Stewart Crafts Gesso – white
Martha Stewart Crafts Acrylic Craft Paint – Beetle Black
Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish
Chalk marker – I used Craft Smart broad tip – white
Decorated Clay Pots – Instructions:
1. Using a dry paintbrush, lightly brush white gesso around the outside of the pot, below the rim. Brush lightly and add layers, letting each layer dry in between. If you like the distressed look (as seen here), apply a light coat of each allowing some of the clay color to come through.
2. Repeat the same technique for the rim of the pot using Beetle Black Paint.
3. Seal with Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish.
4. Using your marker, write your herb tags and attach your stickers to your pots.
Other DIY Projects on Bright Bold and Beautiful
- Tic Tac Hack – DIY Bobby Pin Holder: I’ve always loved the cute little Tic Tac boxes, with their easy open flip tops. Once you have finished all of your fresh mints, here is an easy way to repurpose Tic Tacs.
- Avocado Beauty Mask: For an easy DIY treatment, I tried this avocado beauty mask to add tons of moisture to my face. I applied it yesterday, and can not believe how soft my skin feels today.
- How To Make a Succulent Garden Tutorial: Watch this Video and make a sweet little garden in a few simple steps.