For today’s DIY projects, I have a super easy one just in time for Valentine’s Day. If you like to make your own Valentine’s Day cards, here is a DIY with a little sparkle and shine. Try this gold stripe Valentine’s Day card to give to your favorite someone.
DIY Projects: How To Make a Gold Stripe Valentine’s Day Card
What you will need to make your card:
- I use plain white watercolor cards (140lb weight) from Cheap Joes. They have a great texture and are pretty durable. You can also get plain white card stock and plain greeting cards at your local craft store.
- I use artist tape, different from masking tape. Artist tape will not tear your paper when you remove it.
- You will need a sponge brush.
- I use iridescent bright gold Liquitex acrylic paint. This color has a glittery shine to it.
- Embellish cards with stickers, buttons, and stamps.
- Cover your work space with paper.
- Place your artist tape on your card in the pattern of your choice. I used stripes; however a chevron pattern would be cool to.
- Using a sponge brush, paint the exposed area of the card.
- Carefully pull off the tape once the paint has dried.
- Decorate the card using stickers, markers, buttons, etc.
Actually, these cards can be used anytime, not just Valentine’s Day. I know that I love receiving cards, especially if they are hand made. Have fun with making your own designs. Embellish your cards with even more shine by gluing sequins, buttons and glitter to the card once dry.