I am loving the no carve pumpkin ideas this Autumn and Halloween Season, and we tried our hands at a chevron pumpkin the other day. I can really get used to the “no carve” idea. We used a silver glitter and silver metallic spray paint for a fun party look. The finished display is so festive it makes for a really satisfying project.
Pumpkin Decorating ideas: Chevron Pumpkin : What You Need
- duck tape
- spray on glue
- spray paint – we used metallic silver
Chevron Pumpkin : Instructions
- Cut even pieces of duck tape for your chevron pattern.
- Apply to the Pumpkin in a zig zag pattern.
- Press the tape securely onto the pumpkin.
- Take outside in a well ventilated area and spray paint the entire pumpkin with spray on glue.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter to cover the pumpkin.
- Go over the glitter with silver spray paint to get all of the missed spots.
- Let the pumpkin dry, and then peel off the tape. Viola!
More DIY Projects on Bright Bold and Beautiful:
DIY Pinterest Projects for the Home / Easy DIY Projects: Painted Pots. Want more? Check out BB&B’s Top 10 Easy DIY Projects. Join BB&B on Pinterest to share more creative “how to” and DIY weekend projects for your home.
More Autumn Inspired You May Have Missed:
For Fall Decorating Ideas hover over the Holidays category at the top of BB&B and click on the Autumn Decorating Ideas category. You may also like: Decorate Your Porch for Fall, Black and White Pumpkins, Halloween Party Ideas and the Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe Ever!