August 19, 2011
Home office organizing tips : It’s time to de-clutter and get organized. Back to school days put me in the mood to get my home office in shape. Here are some ideas that work for me.
1. If you work from home, it’s always a good idea to keep your work space separate from your living and family space. If you can make a separate room for yourself, do it. It will make a huge difference.
2. Everything has it’s place. Stick to this rule, and you always know where everything is! Position daily used items in easy to reach places. Once you get into this habit, you won’t even think about it anymore.
3. Use your wall space. I love pegboards and bulletin boards for organization. This is probably my favorite tip of all ~ if you can see it, you will use it! I use S hooks to hang most everything on my pegboard.
4. Label, label, label. Make sure all folders and bins are labeled for easy access.
5. Clean off your desk top each day to start fresh for the next morning.
6. Throw away and recycle items you don’t use. Don’t keep papers that you do not need. Remember, the point is to de-clutter and stay focused on what is important.
7. Clean out those drawers to free up more storage space. You won’t believe how great this makes you feel!
8. Make a “to-do” list and stick to it. If you make a list at night, you will ease your mind, and start fresh every morning.
More home office organizing tips and inspiration from BB&B’s “Where We Blog” series.