March 16, 2011
Here is a wonderful DIY project ~ making a sweet floral arrangement by using real fruit as your container. How fun, simple and affordable! I just love this post on Ada and Darcy today and had to share it with you! If you are not familiar with Kellie’s blog, go visit.
1. Select a large fruit or vegetable that will hold your variety of flowers. Cut the very top off of fruit or vegetable with a knife.
2. Carve a 3 inch round/deep opening in fruit or vegetable.
3. Carve floral foam to fit inside of votive holder.
4. Put floral foam inside of votive holder and place into the fruit or vegetable opening.
5. Pour water into votive holder.
6. Snip the stems of flowers and arrange them however you like and stick them one by one into the foam.